The centrifuge run
Have you been dreaming of finding yourself in a cosmonaut seat and experiencing what they really feel when preparing for a space mission? Do you want to test yourself? Then the centrifuge run is what you need!
The Centrifuge run is intended to make cosmonauts experience nominal g-loads affecting them during insertion and re-entry of Soyuz spacecraft. In addition, the centrifuge is used to research endurance of human body being affected by various g-loads.
For this purpose, there are TsF-7 and TsF-18 centrifuges effectively used at Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center with the rotation radius of 7 and 18 meters respectively.
TsF-18 centrifuge is used for cosmonaut physiology research and training under conditions of variable value and direction g-loads and controlled environment (pressure, temperature, humidity, and gas composition) inside the cabin as well as for hardware functionality tests under the effect of g-loads. Maximum g-load that can be achieved when running TsF-18 is 30 g. During the selection and training cosmonauts experience g-loads of 2 to 8 g. The total mass of rotating part of the centrifuge is 300 tons. TsF-18's arm is installed on DC motor rotor with the nominal power of 6 megawatt.
Medical monitoring of cosmonaut health state during the run is provided from the medical panel which displays the following parameters: ECG, heart and respiratory rate, arterial pressure in the shoulder, the ear lobe, etc. The same panel is used for 2-way communication with cosmonaut as well as for video monitoring of his health state.
A specialized dynamic simulator for Soyuz manually controlled re-entry training is designed based on TsF-18 centrifuge.
Have a question about Centrifuge training?
We'll be happy to advise on all issues regarding the organization of GCTC tour program at Star City.
Our company is the aerospace-oriented tour operator. Our staff is compriced by high perfers of space industry which personally took part in cosmonaut training. Deep knowledge of all peculiarities will help us to set up the optimal program and provide for you the most exciting impressions.
Tel./fax: +7 (495) 664-31-29
Centrifuge run plan:
- Arrival at Star City.
- Medical examination. Briefing.
- Putting on dedicated gear.
- Centrifuge run simulating g-loads in accordance with the selected plan.
- Centrifuge run certificate delivery ceremony.
- Departure from Star City.
Note: the price includes clearances and agreements as well as the centrifuge run itself
- Accommodation at a hotel
- Training suit with GCTC patch
- Photo and video shooting of your training
The centrifuge run procedure:
- The centrifuge run takes place only on weekdays. Only people over 18 years old can participate in the centrifuge run.
- Participants must go through medical examination at Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center on a day of run. Based on results of medical examination participants receive medical approval. In case if the participant does not receive medical approval, money will be refund deducting medical examination cost.
SPACE RUSSIAN TOURS
№1 certified aerospace tour operator in Russia!
141160, Russia, Moscow region, Star City
107241, Russia, Moscow, Shchelkovskoe shosse d.23A
+7 (495) 662-45-99